A missing tooth jeopardizes the appearance of your smile and your oral health. Historically, your only choices for smile restoration were a crown and bridge unit or a partial denture. While they remain sound options for some patients, dental implants are now the most viable tooth replacement technique available. Glendale dentist, Dr. Carlos Garcia, partners with trusted periodontists to precisely plan, place, and restore dental implants, for lifetime smiles.
Dental implant basics
A dental implant is designed to mimic the root of a missing tooth. This cylinder of strong, biocompatible material is meticulously placed into the jawbone during a brief oral surgery. The tiny soft tissue incision heals quickly, and over the course of several months, bone fuses solidly with the implant. Then, a post is inserted into the implant and topped with a beautiful porcelain crown.
A single missing tooth may be replaced with an implant, or the technique can be used for multiple teeth. Just a few dental implants can be placed to hold a full denture with an incredible level of stability.
Benefits of dental implants
- Looks and feels natural – The implant restoration is indistinguishable from your other teeth.
- Fully functional – Eat normally without special precautions.
- Fosters healthy bone – The implant stimulates strong jawbone, just like a tooth root, to avoid a sunken facial appearance.
- Supports existing dentition – Your new tooth keeps the others from shifting out of position (which can create food traps that lead to decay and gum disease).
- Easy care – Just brush and floss normally!
- Long term investment – With good home hygiene and regular checkups, a dental implant can last a lifetime.
Dental Implants Video
Would you like to learn more about today’s premier solution to missing teeth and uncomfortable dentures? Call Bright Smiles Dental Studio at (818) 290-8788 to schedule a dental implants consultation at our Glendale office