Tooth implant surgery is nothing to fear in CA
Dental implants are one of the most important advances in modern dentistry. An implant is the only tooth replacement option that can last a lifetime; looks, feels, and functions like a natural tooth; and helps to avoid loss of facial bone. Yet some patients are apprehensive because tooth implant placement is an oral surgery. Dr. Carlos Garcia at Bright Smiles Dental Studio in Glendale, CA soothes those concerns with this information.
A removable denture or a fixed bridge sits on top of gum tissue. A dental implant is a tiny screw made of biocompatible material. It resides in jawbone at the site of a missing tooth. Bone fuses with the implant, replicating a tooth root and providing a solid foundation for a crown. An implant is unnoticeable in the smile, and you care for it just like your own teeth.
Placement of a dental implant is considered an oral surgery because tissue is cut. However, concerns invoked by the term “surgery” are minimal:
- It is an outpatient procedure, performed at the oral surgeon’s office in a dental chair.
- You are not “knocked out.” Oral conscious or IV sedation helps to relax you while local numbing ensures a comfortable experience.
- There is no guesswork. Using hi-tech imaging and diagnostic tools, Dr. Garcia works closely with the oral surgeon to plan treatment in advance.
- Placement is precise. The surgeon knows exactly where the implant goes and the ideal angle for successful healing. In some cases, the work is computer-guided, further reducing risk of complications.
- The incision is tiny. Usually only a few sutures are needed to help it close.
- It heals fast. Most patients eat normally in a day or two, and stitches come out in about a week.
- The success rate is high – over 98 percent!
Please don’t let anxiety keep you from a healthy, gorgeous smile. Call (818) 290-8788 to schedule an implant consultation with Dr. Garcia.Back to Dental Implant Page