Glendale general dentist offers attractive cavity solutions
There was a time when having a cavity repaired meant living with a noticeable silver filling. Today, patients in the Glendale area have appealing options in the hands of Dr. Carlos Garcia. As a general dentist, he addresses the problem of tooth decay. As a cosmetic dentist, he provides aesthetic restorations.
The progression of tooth decay to a cavity follows this path:
- Plaque develops – Your mouth contains hundreds of strains of bacteria. Some thrive on sugars left behind by your meals. Bacteria form a sticky film, excreting acids as they feast.
- Enamel is attacked – Bacterial acids dissolve minerals in the hard, protective coating on teeth. These tiny holes allow bacteria and acids to invade the dentin layer. It is softer and more vulnerable, so a cavity forms.
- Deeper problems – Without treatment, tooth decay advances to blood vessels and nerves at the core. The tooth may need root canal therapy or extraction from resulting infection and inflammation.
Maintaining a healthy smile
The best way to avoid cavities is through prevention. Brush after eating and floss before bedtime. Maintain regular dental checkups at Bright Smiles Dental Studio so Dr. Garcia can detect problems early – when they can be treated most efficiently, comfortably, and economically.
Despite your best efforts, a cavity can occur. It doesn’t have to mar your smile. Dr. Garcia provides dental restorations that blend beautifully:
- Tooth colored fillings – Strong composite resin, shaded to match teeth.
- Inlays and onlays – This type of porcelain restoration is a good choice for a cavity that is too large to support a filling.
- Porcelain crowns – A crown looks completely natural and strengthens a tooth that has had a large area of tooth decay.
Call the general dentist in Glendale who cares about your oral health and the appearance of your smile – Dr. Carlos Garcia, (818) 290-8788 .