Glendale, CA dentist provides general dental services for everyone to keep their smiles shining
If you are new to the Glendale, Montrose, or La Crescenta, CA area or simply in search of a new dentist to serve you and your family’s general dental needs, you have found the right place! At Bright Smiles Dental Studio, we aim to make every patient feel at home, whether they are here for a routine cleaning and checkup or for more extensive therapies. We take pride in our ability to provide high-quality comprehensive care for everyone in the family, from general dental services to cosmetic treatments to enhance your smile.
What is general dentistry?
You can think of a general dentist as like your medical primary care provider. In general dentistry, we monitor the health of your mouth through regular check-ups and examinations and diagnose and treat issues with oral health when they arise. In addition, an important part of general dentistry is empowering each patient with the knowledge they need to keep their smiles healthy. This includes information on how to properly care for teeth and gums, extensive information about any treatments that are recommended, after-care instructions when a procedure has been performed, and information for parents on how to care for their child’s mouth as it develops.
What are common general dentistry procedures?
The most common—and arguably, the most important—type of procedure in our office is a preventive care visit. In these routine visits, which are recommended every six months, we professionally clean your teeth, examine the health of your teeth and gums, check for issues such as decay or periodontitis, and screen for oral cancer. Children have unique dental needs as their teeth develop, so specialized preventive treatments such as fluoride applications or sealants may also be done at routine hygiene visits.
One of the benefits of seeing your dentist regularly is that you can detect issues as soon as they begin to occur, which is when they are easiest to treat. This means that you have a higher chance of fully restoring your oral health, less time in the dental chair, and less money out of your wallet. When issues do arise, Dr. Garcia will recommend the treatment that is best suited for your mouth and is happy to discuss the pros and cons of various options so you can decide on which treatment fits your preferences the best. Common treatments provided at Bright Smiles Dental Studio include:
- Fillings: Tooth-colored fillings made of a composite material can be used to repair decayed areas of your teeth
- Root canals: Also known as endodontic therapy, this treatment helps you avoid a tooth extraction for badly decayed, damaged, or infected teeth
- Extractions: Sometimes an extraction is necessary; we offer gentle sedation to keep you comfortable when an extraction is required for your oral health
- Crowns: Caps placed over your teeth to protect them and restore their function; we offer same-day CEREC technology so you can get your crown placed in just one day
- Dentures: These are removable partial or full tooth replacement options that look natural and are more comfortable than ever before
- Bridges: Used to replace one or more missing teeth in a row for a beautiful, functional smile
- Dental Implants: The “gold standard” in tooth replacement, these serve as a new tooth root for a missing tooth for unparalleled function and durability
- Gum disease treatments: Gentle deep cleanings and other periodontal treatments help restore your gums to health
I grind my teeth at night. Can a general dentist help with that?
Yes! A specially designed mouthguard that is custom-fitted to your mouth can help prevent the headaches and jaw pain associated with clenching and grinding, also known as bruxism. If you repeatedly grind your teeth, it can cause severe damage to the soft and hard structures in your mouth, so it is essential for your long-term oral health to wear a protective appliance. Similarly, people with temporomandibular (TMJ) disorder can often find relief from its negative symptoms by wearing a custom-designed mouthguard or undergoing other drug-free treatment options offered at Bright Smiles Dental Studio.
What about snoring?
We can help with that, too! A common cause of snoring is obstructive sleep apnea, an insidious condition that can have much worse effects on your life than just keeping your bed partner awake. Sleep apnea can lead to a host of severe medical issues, including an increased risk of heart attacks, strokes, and other life-threatening conditions. Dr. Garcia can evaluate you for whether you are a good candidate for a sleep apnea appliance, and if you are, create a custom-fitted appliance to be worn while you sleep that is discreet and comfortable.
How do I schedule an appointment?
We are standing by and ready to schedule your appointment today! You can reach our conveniently located office that serves Glendale, Montrose, La Crescenta, and surrounding areas by calling (818) 290-8788 . We love to see our patients smile, from the youngest children to the young at heart. We are always accepting new patients.Back to General Dentistry Page