Smiles in CA “pop” with two popular cosmetic dental treatments
Nice smiles come in all shapes and sizes, but truly stunning smiles have two essentials in common. Teeth are straight and even, and the color is brilliant. Dr. Carlos Garcia in Glendale, CA offers the cosmetic dental treatments that bring these elements together.
Adult teeth begin to emerge at about seven years old. In most cases the enamel is super smooth and bright white. Over time, however, teeth become dingy from:
- Fine enamel scratches left by abrasive toothpaste, a too-hard toothbrush, or aggressive brushing technique. Acidic items such as citrus fruits, white wine, and energy drinks etch enamel. The rough texture traps pigments from foods and beverages.
- Speaking of which, dark berries, coffee, tea, cola, colored sports drinks, and red wine are primary culprits.
- As we get older, enamel thins, allowing the yellowish layer of dentin underneath to show through.
- Tobacco products (including smokeless) tarnish teeth.
- Certain medical conditions, medications, and therapies impact the color of teeth.
Fast in-office whitening, or gradual whitening at home with professional grade products takes years off your smile. This treatment is a good place to start your journey to a stand-out smile. Then, dental restorations such as porcelain veneers and crowns can be perfectly color-matched.
Veneers are thin shells of lustrous, glass-like porcelain. Adhered to the front surfaces of “smile teeth,” veneers cover all sorts of imperfections:
- Chips, cracks, pits, and bumps in enamel.
- Gaps between teeth.
- Minor misalignment.
- Stubborn internal discoloration, including tetracycline stains.
- Worn down teeth, those that look too short or long, or have unusual shape.
While Bright Smiles Dental Studio offers a number of cosmetic services, teeth whitening and porcelain veneers are among the most popular. Why? Both treatments provide immediate, gorgeous results. Call our office in Glendale, CA at (818) 290-8788 to schedule a consultation for a personalized smile makeover strategy.