Patients in La Crescenta, CA consider cost and benefits of CEREC same day crowns
“Technology” has become so commonplace that it is easy to overlook the real meaning. The word is derived from the Greek term for “science of craft” – advanced skills and processes rooted in machines. That definition aptly describes CEREC same day crowns and the cost and benefits of this procedure. Dr. Carlos Garcia uses CEREC technology to keep his patients in the La Crescenta, CA area smiling.
A dental crown is a cap of metal, ceramic, or other material. It covers the portion of a tooth visible above the gum line, providing strength, and restoring appearance and function. A conventional crown is made in a dental laboratory, from physical impressions and measurements taken by the dentist. Since the tooth is prepared (areas of damage removed, and remaining structure shaped to hold the crown), it must be protected with an interim restoration, meanwhile. That means two trips to the dentist, and a few weeks of trying to chew delicately.
CEREC brings the entire process in-house, so your crown is designed, fabricated, and placed in just one visit. Dr. Garcia uses a slim intraoral camera to create digital impressions of your mouth. Computer software transforms this data into design instructions for a milling machine. The device carves your crown from a solid block of lustrous, strong porcelain. It is cemented into place and your tooth is restored.
Cost and benefits of CEREC same day crowns La Crescenta, CA patients adore
- The cost of a CEREC crown is comparable to a lab-fabricated restoration and is covered by most insurance plans.
- A crown can be completed in less than two hours.
- No gooey impressions that trigger gagging.
- Color match is excellent.
- Fit is precise at the margin (where the crown meets gum tissue), reducing risk of bacterial build-up, tooth decay, and gum disease.
- Material is bio-friendly and non-toxic to other tissues.
- Strong and durable – with good oral hygiene, a CEREC crown can last many years.
- Looks and functions just like a natural tooth.