Dentist near Montrose, CA explains the benefits of CEREC treatments
Dental crowns are an important treatment in dentistry. They can improve oral health and the appearance of the smile and can be used in several situations such as dental decay, tooth trauma, and missing teeth. In the past, the process of receiving a dental crown could be inconvenient, requiring multiple appointments and a temporary restoration. But, not anymore. Our team at Bright Smiles Dental Studio can restore a tooth with a same-day crown using CEREC technology. CEREC, which stands for Chairside economical restoration of esthetic ceramics is an advancement in dental technology that really improves the patient experience. If you are near Montrose, CA and are interested in learning about the benefits of CEREC treatments, you should call us today at (818) 290-8788 .
How CEREC same day crowns work:
Using specialized equipment, the dentist will take digital images of the tooth, which is sent to the CEREC software. The software uses these images to create 3D models of the teeth that are used to design the dental crown. The final design is then transferred to the milling machine, which fabricates the dental crown. The crown is then put in place and minor modifications can be made before it is permanently bonded into place.
Benefits of CEREC Treatment
At Bright Smiles Dental Studio, our in-office CEREC system allows us to create custom-designed porcelain crowns. Using advanced imaging and on-site milling, we can restore your smile in a single appointment, saving you time and hassle. Some of the biggest benefits of CEREC same day dental crowns include:
- Convenience – We understand that taking time for dentist’s appointments can be difficult. You often must take time off work or find childcare, which makes multiple appointment treatments especially inconvenient. With CEREC dental technology, we can design, fabricate, and place a strong, beautiful looking dental crown in a single visit, saving you from the burden of arranging multiple appointments
- Conservative – When placing a CEREC crown, we often have to remove less of the natural tooth enamel. Less drilling and preserving natural tooth structure make for a more conservative restoration.
- No need for a temporary crown – In a traditional crown treatment, we have to place a temporary crown over the tooth to protect it while waiting for the permanent crown. The problem with this is temporary crowns can often feel uncomfortable and because they are not bonded in place as strongly as a permanent crown there is the possibility of the crown becoming loose. With same day crowns, you leave the office with your permanent crown and are free to go back to eating naturally.
- No messy impressions – Same day dental crown use digital CAD/CAM technology to design and fabricate the final restoration. This means that you won’t have to use messy, bulky impression trays that leave a bad taste in your mouth!
- Strong restoration – It’s natural to think that crowns fabricated in a single office visit would be lower quality than those done in a dental laboratory, but that simply isn’t the case. CEREC same day crowns are crafted from strong, durable porcelain. Once your crown is in place you can count on it staying there while you bite, chew, and speak.
- Natural-looking restoration – Just like traditional crowns, CEREC crowns are custom fabricated to look natural in the smile. We will match the porcelain to the shade of your natural teeth so that no one can tell you have a restoration.
- Simplifies tooth restorations – Many times patients with broken teeth or missing fillings will look for a quick solution and choose dental bonding because they don’t want to wait for the turnaround of a crown. While this isn’t necessarily a bad choice, dental bonding is not as strong as a crown. CEREC technology allows us to fix these issues in a single visit with a more durable solution.
At Bright Smiles Dental Studio, we offer CEREC same day crowns to provide our patients with beautiful, natural looking restorations that are convenient. If you live in the Montrose, CA area and would like to find out more about CEREC same day crowns, please call us today at (818) 290-8788 to schedule a consultation.