We invite you to hurry into our office for your oral cancer screening! This very silent and very deadly disease is becoming more commonly diagnosed which is why it has become a national campaign to spread awareness. Oral cancer is often asymptomatic; this means that many patients that have the disease may not even know it. As a precaution and preventative measure, every person who visits our Glendale dental office gets an oral cancer screening. It is also part of our regular check-ups!
Every year, close to 50,000 Americans are newly diagnosed with oral cancer and close to 10,000 of those cases result in death. Early detection of oral cancer is key in survival. This is why it is vital that you are screened regularly. In between these visit, patients are encouraged to look for:
- Areas of discoloration in mouth tissues
- Lesions that do not heal in 14 days
- Lumps or masses felt in cheeks or mouth tissues
- Hoarseness that lasts more than a week
- Numbness in any region of the face, neck or mouth
Back to Articles