Schedule Your Next Visit TodayCall us (818) 290-8788
Oral health back on track with gentle sedation in Glendale
When is sedation appropriate?The purpose of sedation is to calm the patient, emotionally and physically. At an anxiety-free appointment, the dentist completes his work more efficiently, and relaxation promotes faster healing. In many cases, knowing this helps nervous patients schedule an appointment.
In addition to those with dental phobia, sedation may be a good choice for anyone with an active gag reflex, or those who want the convenience of extensive or multiple treatments in one visit.
- Nitrous oxide – “Laughing gas” is safe even for children. Just a few breaths of this pleasant vapor induce a carefree state. It wears off immediately when the flow of gas is stopped.
- Oral conscious sedation – A pill in the evening and another just before your appointment calms your worries. You are awake and able to respond to conversation during treatment (although some patients doze off), but unconcerned about the sights, smells, and sounds surrounding you. Please arrange for someone to drive you to and from your appointment since you will be groggy.
- IV sedation – This sedative is administered intravenously. The effect is like oral conscious sedation, but occurs more quickly.
At Bright Smiles Dental Studio, your wellbeing is our top priority. Before suggesting sedation, Dr. Garcia carefully considers your medical history and current health status. During treatment, your vital signs are monitored and you are not left alone.
You deserve the benefits of a healthy mouth and a gorgeous smile. Call at (818) 290-8788 in Glendale to ask Dr. Garcia about sedation dentistry.
- Dentist in CA demystifies general anesthesia and sedation dentistry
- Glendale dentist shares tips for dealing with dental phobia
- When oral sedation makes sense for patients in Glendale, CA
- Overcoming barriers with pain free dentistry: Dentist in Glendale answers questions about sedation
Dr Garcia is the best! So gentle & so kind! I have always had trouble with dental and office visits but the staff & Dr Garcia have definitely eased all of my worries. He speaks to you along the way and explains the steps & procedures clearly so you are not feeling lost & scared with different tools coming at you. Amazing office would recommend A+, 10/10!
~ Mar N.
Read what our patients have
to say in their own words. Their
voices and referrals are a
of pride to our whole staff.
You won’t find another practice
in Los Angeles County quite
like Bright Smiles Dental Studio.