Schedule Your Next Visit TodayCall us (818) 290-8788
CEREC technology: Single visit dental restorations in Glendale
Understanding CERECIn the past, most filings were silver-colored amalgam. If the area of decay or damage was too large for a conventional filling, a crown was created at a dental laboratory. The process took at least two appointments over several weeks.
CEREC is short for “chairside economical restoration of esthetic ceramics,” or “CEramic REConstruction.” The technique utilizes computer-aided design and manufacture (CAD/CAM) to fabricate inlays, onlays, and crowns from strong ceramic material.
The damaged tooth is first prepped. Three dimensional impressions are taken with an intraoral camera. Robust computer software uses this information to design the restoration. Precise specifications are sent to an in-house milling machine, where the restoration is cut from a solid block of ceramic. It is stained to match the color of your existing teeth, and then cemented securely in place. You are on your way!
- No messy impressions.
- No temporary filling or crown.
- Your final restoration is completed in one visit.
- The restoration contains no metal.
- The biocompatible material is non-reactive and resists stains.
- Your tooth looks and feels natural.
- Easy care – just brush and floss as usual.
- With good oral hygiene, CEREC restorations last many years.
- CEREC crowns are versatile. They can also be used to strengthen a tooth following root canal therapy, to finish a dental implant, or as part of a crown and bridge unit.
Dr. Garcia and his team at Bright Smiles Dental Studio are committed to providing superior dental care, such as CEREC, to patients in the Glendale area.
New patients are welcome – call (818) 290-8788 for an appointment.
Read what our patients have
to say in their own words. Their
voices and referrals are a
of pride to our whole staff.
You won’t find another practice
in Los Angeles County quite
like Bright Smiles Dental Studio.